Friday, March 25, 2011

Math Teachers Are "UNION" People!

The title is a pun but the need for a "more perfect union" is integral to our Constitution! I don't think our Founding Fathers would support any attempt to dissolve our unions. For this reason I advocate the immediate recall and/or impeachment of all governors and Congresspeople who are attacking the fabric of our nation by a concerted and conspiratorial assault on teacher unions.

Remember, if unions were not effective there would not be such a movement to destroy them. It's all about power and dollars...






"All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed... Second, it is Violently Opposed... Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer (1778-1860)

You've got to be taught To hate and fear, You've got to be taught From year to year, It's got to be drummed In your dear little ear You've got to be carefully taught. --from South Pacific

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The math teacher response to this week's EduSolidarity project (also on FB) has indeed been tremendous.

And taking on the politicians - absolutely. They've declared war - what choice do we have?

Thank you!

Jonathan

Heidi said...

Unions ARE effective... but effective at what? As a high school math teacher, I find that unions are lining their own pockets and not doing any good for education (as they claim), and because I'm a good teacher, I don't really need them to try to advance my cause. Unions HAD their purpose back in the day when laborers were mistreated and underpaid, but today they are only out for themselves, and proof of that is the fact that they wouldn't raise a finger to help me when I was being mistreated at work because they are in bed with the enemy! I FULLY support getting rid of the unions and I fully support the governors who are trying to rid of us this evil.