Thursday, May 20, 2010

Uh Oh -- The 2-yr old turns 3 -- or does he!

Hey, these are precious moments and, anyway, I can't do more than one video a week!  So to take a respite. here's another anecdote, and, by the way, his 6-yr old brother and 3-yr old cousin are now demanding equal time.

So, he turned three the other day and when he went to bed that night his mommy, aka my daughter, told him: "____, now that you're three, I'm just going to tell you a story, give you a hug and kiss and say goodnight" (rather than staying with him until he fell asleep).

Knowing how this young man's mind operates, what do you think his reply was?

"Mommy, I'm only three during the day, I'm still two at night!"


Good luck to my daughter and all of his teachers!


Ok, fair's fair...
When the 6-yr old brother who was then 5, got his new bed (full size like his parents) my daughter and son-in-law heard him pacing and sighing loudly outside their door after they had tucked him in. Finally, his mommy came out and asked him what was wrong. Here was his response:

"I don't want to sleep in that bed. I'm not ready to be married!" 


This young man definitely marches to a different drummer, perhaps an entirely different band! He does remind me so much of myself at that age. I'm not sure if that's good...

Finally, my son's beautiful 3-yr old daughter went to Disney World a month or so ago. My wife asked her what her favorite ride was and she replied, "the rollercoaster." Then my wife asked if she was afraid. This was her reply:


"I was not afraid. I just screamed the whole way."


May their innocence remain forever...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed... Second, it is Violently Opposed... Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer (1778-1860) You've got to be taught To hate and fear, You've got to be taught From year to year, It's got to be drummed In your dear little ear You've got to be carefully taught. --from South Pacific


No comments: