Friday, April 16, 2010

Same 2-Year Old, Different Day!

With all the material I'm getting from my 2-year old grandson, I may as well give up my math blog and start a new blog featuring "anecdotes about grandchildren"! I betcha' some of these would go viral like no math article ever would!

Anyway, while I am preparing my next "exciting" video, I decided to share with you what my grandson said to his grandmother (better known as "Mimi" and also known as my wife) this morning.

His mother (my daughter) and grandmother (my wife) took him this morning for his first blood test (for allergies). My daughter needed "Mimi" to hold her son as she thought she would pass out!  So, my wife had him sit on her lap. When he realized that the needle was for him, the screaming began and he tried to jump out of "Mimi's" arms. Fortunately the whole procedure took only 30 seconds. My grandson jumped off my wife's lap, wiped his tears away and in a serious tone stated to Mimi, "You're fired!" My wife was stunned, never expecting to be fired from being a grandmother! There's definitely some Donald Trump in that boy.

Of course, a few minutes later all was forgiven and they all lived happily ever after.

I realize grandparents think all their grandchildren are special and anything the children say must be a gem worth repeating a thousand times. But, I do believe this young man is quite a character.  By the way, my daughter has no idea where he got the expression "You're fired!" from, unless of course he is watching the Apprentice on the sly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed...
Second, it is Violently Opposed...
Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident."
- Arthur Schopenhauer (1778-1860)


You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.
--from South Pacific

No comments: