Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mystery Mathematician June '08 - An Anagram!


And now for something completely different...

A Math Mystery Anagram!
No picture this month!
If you like this variation, let me know...



"MEN-Y" THEOREM

No, it's not Monty Python, although the anagram contains 'Monty'! There are many anagram generators/solvers online so you could try those, although I did not find them useful here - I had to do this scramble myself. Please allow poetic license on the spelling of 'many' - perhaps there is a hidden clue there!

This mathematician was unique in so many ways - it is about time we paid proper tribute...

Our wordplay enthusiasts out there (and most math people are!) will probably solve this quickly but DON'T FORGET THE RULES:

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS POST (read on)

Remember to email me at dmarain at geeeemail dot com with
(PLEASE ENUMERATE!)

(1) The name of the mathematician
(2) Some interesting info/anecdotes re said person
(3) Your sources (links, etc.)
(4) Your full name and the name you want me to use when acknowledging your accomplishment
(5) If you're new, how you found MathNotations
(6) Your connection to mathematics


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dang, if I were an englishman I could probably participate :)